Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mayci is HERE!
















Sorry it has taken me so long to blog...we don't have Internet at the moment so it has been hard. So last Wednesday I went for my normal 40 week checkup. I was dilated 2cm, cervix was 25% effaced (needs to be 100% before things start happening). I was a little bummed when she said we needed to schedule an induction for Thursday, October 1st. That night I went home...it had been raining all week but for a little bit it stopped so Casey and I took the dogs for a walk. About 11:00 pm I woke up to pain in my tummy...it kept coming off and on....could it be...contractions? I got NO sleep, finally after moving from the bed to the chair to the couch at 4:00 am I just gave up and started cleaning, packing my bags, laundry, etc. At this point the dogs are following me around like what are you doing, something isn't right...Casey on the other hand was passed out! I didn't want to wake him because I knew I wasn't in labor yet, just having contractions...yippee felt like I was at least making progress.

So about 5:00 am Casey woke up to get ready for work...I was leaned over the foot board having a contraction. Of course he started freaking out...hence another reason why I didn't wake him. He gets out his watch and starts timing my contractions...every 4-5 minutes but only lasting around 30 seconds. They continued and then I started getting ready for work...yes, I went to work, what else was I supposed to do, sit at home? So I get to work and inform Mrs. Haynes (she is a friend and the school nurse) that I am having contractions as well as the two teachers that are next to me...just in case.

So as classes go on the contractions continued consistently every 4 minutes but they weren't completely horrible, I could still walk around, sometimes they would take my breath away though. Finally my conference/lunch was approaching so I called my doctor to see if she could see me to check me...didn't want to waste time in labor and delivery to be checked, she said to come at 11:30am.

So it is 11:30 am, she couldn't believe when she checked me that I was still only 2 cm but my cervix was 75% effaced, that was a lot of progress over night! She told me to go eat lunch and walk around and to come back to see her at 2:30pm. Windee met me at the clinic and drove me to the mall where we ate and then started walking. The contractions were getting stronger and stronger...making it hard to walk, breath, etc. Finally at 2:00 pm I told Windee I am done, we went to my house to get my bags, meet up with Casey and wait on Mom and then back to the clinic we went.

So it was a little after 2:30 pm by the time we got up there and she was able to check me...I was 5 cm and almost completely 100% effaced...they rushed me over to labor and delivery and started the whole process. The nurse blew my vein in my left arm while taking blood so I had to be stuck again in my right arm in order to have IV fluids and meds given to me. At this point I was ready for the epidural...of course we had to wait on the anesthesiologist but once he got there and got the pump going I was GREAT! At this point I was dilated 7 cm...not too much longer and she would be there...but my doctor had a meeting till 8:30 pm and since my group b strep was positive they really wanted to get 2 doses of meds in me so as long as I was comfortable and everything was okay we were going to wait for the doctor. So apparently my doctor went home or something...about 9:45 pm I am still waiting...dilated completely just she still had a little ways to come down so we were going to start practice pushing to try and get her down further. About 10:15 pm I started pushing and she was born at 10:35 pm!

She came out screaming, her daddy cut the cord and Mom and Casey were by her side the entire time while they checked her out. I couldn't see everything due to people in the way but finally when they finished with me I got to see her up close and personal, the nurse put her right on my face! She was PERFECT! 6 lbs, 9 oz and 18 inches long. It is such a wonderful miracle, the gift of life. Mom went out to tell everyone in the waiting room and Casey and I had about 30 minutes to ourselves with her, I wanted to nurse, etc. before everyone started coming in.

Finally when people got to come in, she got her bath and the passing around and pictures started. My Dad, Blake, Conar and Zoey drove all the way from Mississippi and made it just in time.

We got moved to our post-partum room about 2:00 am where we only got about an hour of sleep because they started making rounds, etc. The stay in the hospital was good but we are so glad to be home. The pups are adjusting well and so are we. We just can't believe she will be a week old tomorrow! This has been a LONG post so I will wrap up and post more later.

Thank you to all who were present, who sent their love, etc. We appreciate you all so very much and can't wait to share our bundle of joy with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment