Thursday, March 25, 2010

6 Months!


I took this picture at Mom's house after church on February 21st.

So Mayci turned 6 months yesterday! I can't believe it...where has the time gone? She was scheduled for her shots but had started showing some signs of sickness on Tuesday and sure enough...she has a sinus infection as well as a slight ear infection. So she couldn't get her shots therefore she will be having to go back in a couple of weeks to have a checkup and if she is healthy she will get them then. She weighed in at 14lbs 14oz and was 25 in long...yes she is GROWING!
Mayci is sitting up pretty well on her own, she likes to roll over, especially when I put her on her tummy. She can go to town in her jumper now, almost tall enough that I can remove the photo album under her feet.

Eating baby food has been an adventure...she definitely likes certain veggies over others...going to start trying the others again and see if she does better with them now that she has gotten the hang of eating from the spoon. I got her some Mum Mums from Wal-Mart-they are a type of rice cake that dissolves in her mouth...she likes them because she can hold on to them and eat them like a big girl. We are working on the whole sippy cup thing...she isn't real fond. I have purchased several different ones...she doesn't do better with one than the other...pretty much just bangs them on her high chair tray.

Talking...I think she is close to saying "dada"...Casey sure hopes so...of course I want her to say "mama" first but I know that most babies say "dada" first so I am prepared for that.
Spring Break was nice...not really a break but that is okay. We started it off by going to Wichita Falls to support the TSU men's bball team in the regional tourny. They won the first but lost the second. After the tourny we came home for a few days and then went to Mabank to visit Tysha and Nicholas. We had a great time with them...can't wait till this summer and we can go back. (they live on the lake)

I will try to do better about posting more often...until next time...here are some pics I have taken with my phone...Mayci LOVES lemons and limes...no sour faces at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment